Solaris is a tissue converting company with affiliated plants and warehouses across the US. It’s been in business since 2007 and has steadily grown in the away from home (AFH), retail private label (PL) and retail branded (FIORA) sales channels.
Our Production Improvement Specialist ensures that the work instructions are written and in place to achieve production output targets in a responsible, efficient and safe manner. Also, to create work instructions that maximize operational efficiency, reduce change over time, reduce wastes, using operational best practices for maximum machine output. Lastly, to create work instructions for new employees and to aid in the development of existing employees. With a key role to provide support to the Operations team ensuring all aspects of training are being met in order to deliver our customers a sustainable, quality product by efficiently running all assets.
- Promotes and environment that emphasizes safe work practices and teamwork
- Develops and maintains all work instructions, training procedures, manuals, materials, and forms
- Ensures all WI’s are audited annually
- Updates Training Matrix to ensure proper documentation and tracking of employees skills
- Provides feedback to Sr. Process Engineer, Production Supervisor/Manager and Shift Leaders on observed behaviors and practices
- Conducts annual refresher training (where applicable) to all personnel and individual training as needed
- Utilizes skills, abilities and experience to develop Training & Work Instructions using the Dozuki platform system and documentation for all assets and people
- Conducts or Organizes individual and class room training, as necessary
- Drives excellence in safety, quality, and production
- Works with Shift Leaders, Technical Specialists, Line Leads, Line Support, and Operators to develop and implement training programs and initiatives
- Solicits feedback from all team members on methods to improve the training documentation and systems
- Works with the Shift Leaders to develop individual training plans, as needed
- Other duties as assigned
Education and Experience Background:
Candidate must possess a basic technical understanding of all equipment. Equivalent of HS diploma is required. Experience in training and procedure development is preferred but not required. Candidate must have the ability to work under minimal supervision, be self-driven, and provide guidance/feedback to operators.
Skills and Knowledge:
Production Training Specialist must be self-driven and possess passion around training systems and people development. Core skills required for this position: strong interpersonal skills, strong organizational skills, understanding of safety rules and procedures, willing to work flexible hours/schedule if needed, able to be an effective team member in a multi-cultural organization, and able to demonstrate adaptability in a dynamic business environment. Desired skill: knowledge on training systems.
- Ability to communicate both orally and written across diverse functional areas.
- Must possess skills and ability to be self-driven and extremely organized.
- Must possess proven leadership skills and abilities
- Proven ability to drive sustainable results
- Possess ability to work outside of skill set and comfort zone
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Proper typing skills
- Look to develop systems and procedures to manage overall training processes
- Must wear required PPE as required by company safety rules and guideline
- Must be able to lift up to, but not to exceed, 50lbs.
- Must be able to work up to twelve (12) hours in a single shift
- Must be able to sit/stand /bend /kneel throughout schedule shift